Home > Temples of India
Thiruvaiyaru Sri Pranatharthiharar temple
God : Aiyarappar, Panchapakeshar, Chemporchodhinathar, Panchanadhishar, Pranatharthiharar, Mahadhevar
Goddess : Aramvalarththanayaki, Dharmasamvardhini, Tripurasundari, Ulagudainachiyar.
thiirtham : kAviri, Surya thIrththam, nandhi thIrththam, samudra thIrththam, dhEvAmrita thIrththam
Tree : vilvam
Name of Abode : kAvirikkOTTam
Great saints visited : nandhi dhEvar, sambandhar, appar, sundharar, chEramaN perumAL, mANikka vAchakar, paTTiNaththaDikal, aiyaDikaL kADavarkOn, aruNagirinAthar
The Lord worshipped Himself at this great abode !
- appar had the kailasha dharshan at this abode. (1)
- So it is also called daxiNa kailAsham.
- God arranged the wedding of nandhi with svayam prakashai
and took them around to seven abodes as saptapati.
- The river kAviri gave way for sundharar and chEramAn perumAL
to worship the Lord. (2)
- Chithirai vishAkam festival
- kALAShTami in the month of kArthikai
State : Tamil Nadu
District : Thanjavur
Situation: Well connected with Thanjavur.
1. appar kayilAyak kAtchi
2. sundharar & thiruvaiyARu