Home > Temples of India
Tripura Lord Shiva temples
Tripura, the state in the North-East of India, derives its name from Tripura asuras - who were highly devoted to Lord Shiva, who got elevated to the abode of Lord Shiva even after they were burnt in the Tripura Samhara. Tripur was the 39th descendent of Surhya, who was a descendant of king Yayati of the lunar The ancient kingdom of Tripura was under the rule of Samatata and Harikela rulers. clan. Tripura has ancient temples of Lord Shiva
- North Tripura Dt.
- Unakoti - near Kailashahar - Huge - 6 meter high Kamadahana murti 8th-9th century - ASI
- Unakoti - Chaturmukhalinga - 11th - 12th century - ASI
- Unakoti - Kalyanasundaramurthy - 11th - 12th century - ASI
- Unakoti - Trinity - 11th - 12th century - ASI
- Unakoti - Hara Gauri, Hari Hara - at the hill top - ASI
- Goldharpur - Mahadevbari
- Panisagar - Pancha devata mandir ??
- Chandpur - Kalbhairav
- Dharmanagar - Kameshwar temple
- South Tripura Dt.
- Thakurani Tila - Paschim Pilak - Crystal Shivalinga - 13th century - ASI
- Deotamura - 75 km from Agartala on the banks of the River Gomati, famous for its rock-cut shrines, 15th and 16th century, about 37 rock cut images located on the hill, ASI
- Udaipur (Radhakishorepur) - Mahadev Bari - On the bank of Mahadev Dighi, ancient holy place in the old capital of Tripura.
- Udaipur - Tripura Sundari Temple - Lord Shiva Temple
- Pilak - 8-12 century, ASI
- West Tripura Dt.
- Agartala - Shiva Temples near Assam Rifles
- Agartala - Shiva Bari - Near Maharaj Ganga Bazaar
- Aralia - Shiva Mandir
- Khayerpur - Shib Bari
Back to Indian Temple Listing page
Back to Shaivam Home Page