Home > Temples of India
God : aruLmigu migurA aruNEshwarar (mEghanAtha swAmi)
Goddess : aruLmigu lalitAmbikA (shA.ntanAyaki)
Tree : man^dhAram
thiirtham : sUrya puShkaraNi, kALi thIrththam
padhikam : thiru nyaana chamban^dhar - 1
- The two wives of kashyapa mahaR^iShi karththuru, vinathai
had a fight in between them about the black spot on the tail of
uchchaisiravas - indra's horse. Repenting they came to
thirumIyachchUr and worshiped the Lord. The Lord blessed then and gave
them an egg each, asked to preserve for an year to get splendid sons.
They got garuDan, aruNan respectively.
- When aruNan took the form of mOhini (charming girl)
sun despoilt her. When aruNan pleaded to the Lord, He cursed sun to
get darkened. As per His advise, sun worshiped the Lord at
thirumIyachchUr for seven months. Still as his darkness did not change,
he cried in grief, "hE migurA". The Goddess got angry at the sun for
shouting in Their abode. The God pacified her saying sun was looking
for relief. By His Grace sun was cured. The pacified Goddess does
austerities getting the name sha.ntanAyaki.
- From the mouth of shakti appeared the vachini dEvatas
and they gave to the world lalitA sahasranAmam
- hayagrIvar conveyed to sage agasthiyar lalitA
sahasranAmam. As told by him agasthiyar came to this temple and
worshiped the God in the AmlA phalAdi kraNa pUja as done by
the sun and saluted srI lalitAMbikA.
- yama dharma rAja worshiped the Lord here.
- Sun worships the Lord with his rays falling on the Lord from 21st
to 27th of chiththirai.
- Auspicious place to chant lalitA sahasranAmam.
- gajapR^iShTa vimAnam
- Glorious durgA
- Beautiful artworks - service by chOza kings
State : Tamil Nadu
District : thiruvArUr
Situation: n^annilam vattam, 1km west from pEraLam Rly. station.
A beautiful image of lalita parameshwari