Home > Hinduism A Perspective
Founder of Hinduism - How did Hinduism start?
(Hinduism A Perspective)
Who is the founder of Hindu religion?
Normally a philosopher/ prophet comes up with a system revolutionary or
at least that did not exist before for that set o followers. Accepting the new system disciples and other
people start following the religious system and for the new religion that person
is the founder.
In case of Hinduism
- The system existed from time unmemorable.
- Hindu scriptures talk about things that
happened at periods of time, whose specified count is much much higher than the period
well known to history scholars of current time. (yuga, manvantara, kalpa etc.)
- Even the scientific excavations show the existence of well-developed worship, at very
early periods. (For example excavations in ancient towns of harappa and Mohenjo daro reveal
the ancient worship of pashupati, shiva linga - the Hindu God Shiva.)
- There were, of course, very many philosophers who came up with new systems. However given the
wide spectrum of Hinduism, its accommodativeness towards new ideas and philosophies all the
new changes made it a healthy religion that does not get stagnant.
- People used their discretion to find the suitable paths through the wisdom of one
or more philosophers and there was a real diverse system.
So, there is No Single (Human) Founder
for Hinduism and it existed from time unexplored, as a religion.
For that purusha the celestials are the (first) worshippers.
Back to Hinduism A Perspective Page
Back to shaivam Home Page
Back to Shaiva Sidhdhantha Home Page
You would be interested in:
Hinduism : Which is its land / country ?
Ancient Spiritual Leaders of Hinduism